Book chat Running Wild

Earlier this year I read Running Wild for book chat. (book chat is where you read a book and discuss about it with people who also read the book). It is in the animal genre and was written my Michael Morpurgo.

Is is a book about a boy called Will who goes on a holiday (more of an escape after his father dies) to Indonesia with his mum. At the start it seems to be exactly what they need to put things behind them. He goes for a ride on on a elephant called Oona along the beach. The elephant starts acting weird and shy. A tsunami comes and destroys everything but the elephant is quick and enough and immediately runs away quick enough for both of them to survive. But when the tsunami ends Oona doesn’t go back she just keeps running. She runs to far away to get back to where they were so they gets lost. With nothing to sustain him but a bottle of water he carried with him, Will must learn to survive deep in the jungle. Luckily, he’s not completely alone. He’s got Oona and all the other animals in the jungle wether friendly or feisty.

It is interesting and always kept me wanting to read more. There are lots of twists and turns. It also is very sad. So don’t read the book if you get very emotional.

What is one of your favourite books? Write in the comments about the book.